A family member made you proud
1. What would children do to make their parents proud?
2. What did you do to make your parents proud when you were young?
3. What advantages of yours make you proud?
4. When was the last time that you felt proud of yourself?
The politest person you know (New)
1. How do Chinese people show politeness?
2. Is there any difference between etiquette in cities and in small towns?
3. How to teach children to be polite?
4. How do you deal with impolite people?
5. What kinds of behavior are not polite?
A family member who has had important influence on you
1. These days, people from different generations live together, do you think this is a problem?
2. Why do some children get spoiled at home?
3. Do young adults in your country like to communicate with old people?
4. How much do you think people should be responsible for (the welfare of) their own parents?
5. Do you think family relationships are important?
A famous person that you are interested in
1. How do people become famous?
2. What types of people become famous in your country?
3. What qualities do (all or most or many) famous people have in common?
4. Do you think people are famous as a result of some real talent or are they famous for some other reasons?
5. What are the good points about being famous?
An interesting neighbor
Do you think neighbors are important?
Do you think it's important to have a good relationship with one's neighbors?
Do you think people's relationships with their neighbors today is the same as it was in the past?
What are the benefits of belonging to a community?
A person who just moved home
1. Do you like to live in big houses or small houses?
2. Where do old people like to live, city or countryside?
3. Do you like to move house frequently?
4. Is it easy to move house in China?
A person who has a great influence on you
1. What social values should parents teach children?
2. Many children misbehave at school, what are the reasons?
3. Do you think mass media have a great impact on the young generation?
4. Why is it hard for adults to change?
5. How to help young people to develop good habits?
A famous person in your country
1. In general, how do people become famous?
2. What kinds of people become famous?
3. Do you think to become famous, a person need to have some special talents?
4. What are some general qualities famous people have compared with ordinary people?
5. Compare the way people become famous today with in the past (30 or 50 years ago).
6. In your opinion, were the standards for judging who is famous before better than whey are now?
A person you have met before and you want to know more about
1. How do Chinese people make friends?
2. Who is more important to you, friends or family?
3. Do you like to be friends with someone who is different from you?
4. Do you have any foreign friends?
5. Why is it easier to make friends on the Internet than in reality?
A creative inventor or musician
1. What creative activities did you like to do when you were young?
2. Why do people like to copy others’ ideas these days?
3. What is the best way to cultivate children’s creativity?
4. Do you think creativity can be learnt?
5. Why does art help to nurture creativity?
A decision made by others that you disagreed with (New)
1. What skills are necessary when making decisions?
2. How can people improve their decision-making skills?
3. How do you think computers will change the way people make decisions?
4. Do parents in China allow their children to make important decisions about the future?
5. Do you think that parents should make important decisions for their children?
A plan in your life (that is not related to work or study) (New)
1. Should parents set goals for children?
2. When do young children start to set goals for themselves?
3. What kinds of goals are not realistic?
4. Why do people set goals?
5. What would you feel if you couldn’t achieve your goals?
A book you want to read again
1. How often do you read?
2. Do Chinese people like to read?
3. Do people with different reading levels buy the same kinds of reading materials?
4. What do Chinese people like to read?
5. What kinds of materials do you think people should read?
6. What benefits do young people get from reading?
A kind of foreign food you have had (New)